Thursday, January 19, 2012

More booming

Spent a few minutes getting my boom plan more fully sorted, as seen in pic above. There's a pdf added to the "some useful files" link, if you're interested in a copy with better resolution.



So I've added the little mini fillets to the foam side pieces, now just waiting for an available couple-hour period where I can get one of them laminated on both sides. Might be waiting for some courage too- I know it's going to be a bit of a messy fur ball getting all the little +/- 45 pieces applied, sorta neatly.



Hatch shelf/gutter cleaned up and dry fit.

I'm still unsure what I want for the companionway boards. I've been thinking of using some sort of fabric solution instead of traditional boards, maybe a boltrope hanging from the back end of the lid, and the sides velcroed down the outside of the bulkhead? I'm not worried about making things burglar proof, just generally water resistant. Swapping the fabric for insect screen would also be nice for camping.

Deck sanding continues. I've sanded the radius from deck to cockpit, and will add a piece of biax tape over that foam, backfill some filler against that, and do another round of sanding before applying the deck glass. I though of getting the deck glass on just to achieve that milestone now rather than later, but I suppose it's better to do the steps in the order that best achieves the over all goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment