Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starting the new year with a boom...

Not a productive holiday as far as boat progress goes. I've worked out how I want to build my boom, ordered the materials, and here's the drawing:
I measured the C-Tech boom when I took delivery of Brandt's and my rigs, so I have a benchmark to shoot for. The goal is to match their weight, while making it strong enough (duh!), easy enough to make, and cutting the cost in about half. Not sure why I'm doing this now, other than I needed to order some other materials and decided to figure this out so I could add it to the order. And it's fun to have an interesting project available, to break up the sanding sessions.


The working side of my shop is filled with materials for a shed for my father in law (once they find out you can draw, and build, it's all over!), so boat progress (other than sanding...) is at a halt while I push the shed parts through.

Happy 2012, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment