Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ready to roll

Starting with the mast...


Mast butt, with pivot cup, bracket for gnav adjuster, and gooseneck glued on. The diamonds/topmast shrouds pass through the gooseneck before being spliced together.


Hounds. I'm short one t-bail, so I have them temporarily lashed to the forestay eye. This is just nylon twine lashing so I can hoist the mast and check shroud lengths!


Some of the rigging stuff that needs to be on the boat so I can raise the mast and measure for sails.


Some under deck stuff rigged. You can see the two cascades for the forestay up forward, the purple lines from the top of the post are the jib sheet height adjusters, the vertical green line pulls the topmast shroud lever down, and there's a white line between the hull stringers for the jib cunningham.


Opposite view of the post and stuff going on around it.


They don't make these for string shrouds, so here's my stab at it. I'm buying several sacks of concrete in the next two days, so I'll be able to use their weight to calibrate it.


...and here's the ready to roll pic. Or ready to rumble if I stuff it up! I'm going to add some epoxy fillets between the ply pads and the bulkheads, and a couple more spreader boards so things don't fold over. The plan is to slip some casters under the current trailer bunks, roll the boat outside, remove the casters, raise the rig a few times and generally check that everything works, get some sail measurements, stow the rig away, roll the boat over, slip the casters on the upside down bulkheads and wheel it back into the shop. The rollover cradle dissembles at the shear, to I can continue to use it as an upside down boat stand for the bottom work.


Which I am sooo looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment