Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trying out the boat lift

A day of boat progress, many days of shop progress.















Cross country travel really gets a boat dirty, so I took an hour to scrub off the road grime as well as any blush from the sealer coat of epoxy that is covering the hull.

I now have a chain hoist and a piece of track secured to the shop ceiling, and used it to lift the boat off its trailer. Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat where the keel slot will be, as well as temporarily rig up the aft kite blocks. So a fun day of rigging, and moving heavy stuff with ropes. The folding padeyes I wanted to use for boat lifting arrived via UPS while the boat was hanging...



With the trailer out of the shop, the boat spun around and sitting at counter height instead of chest high, things are starting to feel much less cramped. Lumber racks, a plywood rack, chopsaw bench, a stout workbench, a heater, and the good old Delta table saw that I've grown up with are all in place.

I've worked out how to proceed on finishing my cabin blister and that's what's coming next. If I can work through the winter, maybe I can catch up to some of you folks that have had a productive summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment