Friday, June 29, 2012

B(oat)-B-Q

First, putting a hole in the bow, adding a tube of glass (it'll be cut flush after gluing), and some G10 discs. The bobstay will get spliced through the hole.

And the boat cooker. I have a temp probe under the black plastic, and two fans running inside to try to keep the temps even throughout, and I have a timer running at my desk so I remember to go check on it every hour. It had climbed to 118 last I looked, and I want to get it to around 130 to 135 and hold that for a couple hours.

4 comments:

  1. So you splice a Dynema (or something) loop through there to allow the bob stay to tack side to side with the pole?

    Looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, both the pole and the bobstay pivot on an axis just behind the stem, keeping near-equal tension throughout the arc of the pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it going to be all one piece of line or is the loop through the hole going to be small with the bobstay tying into the loop?

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one piece of line, the end spliced to the boat is the current plan and the cleanest solution.

    I also need something for the trailer winch line though, and I don't like the idea of hooking into the eye of the splice for that. I may just remove the metal hook from the winch and use some kind of line or soft-shackle attachment that goes through the bow-hole. Still working on those ideas, but trying to avoid a metal bow-eye is my goal.

    ReplyDelete