Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Last glass

I finally got around to adding the final bits of glass to the hull. Not sure why I've put it off this long, but there always seemed like something better to get done.

Anyway, I used some spray adhesive to tack the cloth in position, wet it out old-school style with a brush (I hate that!), then added a piece of peel ply. This afternoon I'll have to catch up with getting the putty on the transom, so it can be sanded at the same time as the hull. Hoping for just one more sanding session before going to primer, but that might be optimistic.

90 and 100 degree temps coming up this week, so I'm also going to roll the boat outside under a black tarp for a bit of post cure heat to make sure some of my slow-set epoxies are fully cured, so that none of the cloth will print through.

No comments:

Post a Comment