Friday, April 13, 2012

Boom part 3, and other stuff

So 94.5 oz is 5.9 pounds, I'm cutting 2" off each end so multiply the weight be 109/113 and I get 5.7 pounds all up. BUT, while the deflection matches the C-Tech boom very closely up and down, it's much softer side to side. I'm going to add a uni tape down each side and see where that gets me...


What it looks like so far.


Marking out my chine radius lines. I'm going to bevel the chine first, then roll that into a radius.


The big 'un.
6"x48", with a 40 grit sanding belt glued to the bottom. Noodle arms, instantly!


And a sidetrack. I'm building an emergency rudder for a friend, and will be racing with him in this year's Coastal Cup from San Francisco to Santa Barbara. Pictured here are some glass mounting brackets and the core for the foil gluing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment